P.O. Box 294
Ukiah, CA 95482
NEXT MEETING: April 20, 2013
Steering Committe Members:
April 2009 Agenda
UKIAH VALLEY DEMOCRATIC CLUBAGENDA for GENERAL MEETING
1. Approve Agenda.
2. Treasurer’s report.3. Minutes from last meeting.
4. Senior Advocacy Task Force.
5. Survey results – would like one other person to help evaluate.
6. State Democratic Convention April 24-26 in Sacramento. Anyone interested?
7. Club Business: June elections: Pres – Wendy agreed to serve one more term. Vice Pres – Katharine Cole (agreed to do email newsletter through Constant Contact, will only mail to those without emails)Treasurer – Ginger Pohlson (term lasts until June, 2010)Secretary – Joelle SumskiSteering (executive) committee:Gail Johnson & Gabrielle Johnson agreed to do membership & community outreachKatarzyna Rolzinski agreed to do publicity & promotionAnyone else? We had a lot of fun Meeting dates – For Club we have WaMu reserved the 2nd & 4th Wed. of the month. For Steering Committee we need to schedule potluck lunches.
8. Political Policy issues:
A. DDR bringing General Plan amendment for Shopping Mall to voters.
B. Navy weapons training threatening coast.
C. Coastal Oil Lease Hearing Apr. 16 in San Francisco.
D. Timber Harvest plan again submitted to log Noyo River headlands.
E. Propositions on next election (May 19).
F. Other? 9. Spring Conference. May 16th - 10:00 to 2:30. We will have 2 panels discussing water and land issues in the county. Many groups have accepted to have a table for outreach to the community. Theme is “Be the Change You Seek.” Cost is $10 ($12 if bought online) and will include a sack lunch. Need helpers for the day and also phone calling. Next planning meeting date? Thanks to members.
10. Estelle Clifton has started a new political canvassing company, Mendocino Voters. They will work on all sorts of campaigns, get signatures, etc. Please spread the word.
12. Next meeting?
| ©2008-2012 Ukiah Valley Democratic Club |