P.O. Box 294
Ukiah, CA 95482
NEXT MEETING: April 20, 2013
Steering Committe Members:
February 2009 Minutes
Ukiah Valley Democratic Club Meeting Minutes
Members Present:Wendy Pollitz, Gail Johnson, Eileen Mitro, W.P. Council, J.R. Rose, Katherine Cole, Pat Vetzmadian, Marilyn Heath, Debora McGillivray, Lois Lockart
The meeting was called to order by President Wendy Pollitz at 6:30pm.
1. The agenda was presented and approved unanimously.
2. A written Treasurer’s Report was accepted as submitted. $3769.22 had been deposited from ticket sales for the Inaugural Ball and then this same amount was given to the Democratic Central Committee who were the sponsors the Ball. The ending balances as of 1/31/09 are: Checking $1,230.63 and Savings $1632.93 for a total of $2863.56.
3. Minutes of the last general meeting of 12/8/08 were accepted as submitted. (Motion by J.R Rose and 2nd by Lois Lockart.
4. The Democratic Party Delegate Election (1st Assembly District) was held on Jan 10, 2009 in Ukiah. We elected 12 delegates to the State Democratic Party. 100 people from 6 counties attended. 6 men and 6 women were elected. Joe Louis Wildman was elected as a Delegate. Ginger Pohlson was elected to the State Democratic Executive Board.
5. The Inaugural Ball (1/20/09) at Carl Purdy Hall was a huge successful event attended by 350 people. Some improvements were suggested for future events. Wendy made notes regarding specific suggestions. Ideas included having a committee that meets weekly to monitor an event timeline; including ticket sales, ads, etc. Suggestions were also made to contact people instrumental in organizing the local Event of the Heart and Mardi Gras for information on organizing huge events.
6. Our Senior Advocacy Resolution to maintain necessary benefits for seniors was presented to the Mendocino Board of Supervisors Feb 3, 2009. The Board was very supportive and referred our Resolution to their staff to be re-written for BOS approval. This Resolution will come before the Board for a vote at their March 3, 2009 meeting. J.R. Rose will also take our Resolution to the City of Ukiah and they may adopt it or make one of their own. We will hear the results at our upcoming March 9th meeting. We made a change in the wording of our Resolution in paragraph #3 (inserted not after the word result, and changed the word increase to decrease.). Motion to adopt the Resolution made by J.R. Rose and 2nd by Eileen Mitro. Motion passed. UVDC will send our Resolution to the State Democratic Party.
7. Survey Results (mailed with invitations to the Ball) will be discussed at the March 9th meeting.
8. Our Spring Conference A "Community Action" symposium is being planned. Local groups who are working to improve life in our community will make short morning presentations, followed by lunch. After lunch people will split up into groups and join the folks that presented in the morning to learn more and offer them help. 8a. Obama’s Call for Community Activism:Patrick Council reported on the Obama House Meeting he hosted on the Economy.Debra McGillivray reported on the Friends of Obama group’s development of a new community volunteer network, called “Together We Can! Mendocino”. They currently send emails listing volunteer opportunities and are developing a website.
9. State Democratic Convention is April 24-26 in Sacramento. They need volunteers. The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm by Wendy Pollitz, President. Next meeting is March 9, 2009 6:30 - 8:30 at the CTA meeting room, at the Victory Theater, Ukiah Minutes submitted by Gail Johnson, Secretary. 2/17/09.
| ©2008-2012 Ukiah Valley Democratic Club |